Face serums are highly concentrated formulations designed to address specific skin concerns.
I know you wish all these ingredients could fit in your nighttime or daytime moisturizers, but hey there simply isn’t room to fit in all these.
serums are packed with beneficial ingredients such as antioxidants, skin-renewing and restoring ingredients. They are usually easily added to your existing skincare routine and can even be layered with each other.
When should you start using them?
Just like it’s never too soon to start being physically active or eating healthy, this fundamental aspect of life also applies to skincare! Using serums loaded with active ingredients before you start seeing signs of aging means you’ll be on track for getting the beautiful skin you want now and keeping it in the long term.
I usually recommend that anyone from the late 20’s and beyond should definitely be using a serum. Of course, these ingredients also work after signs of aging appear, but without question, sooner is better than later.
What serum should I be using?
No matter how well formulated a serum is, it isn’t right for you if it isn’t a match for your skin type and concern.
These safeguard your skin from environmental assault and the visible effects of pollutants and are suitable for use by everyone.
Our Best Picks:
- For normal to dry skin showing signs of aging, the Obagi C 10% serum is an ideal hydrating serum with L-Ascorbic Acid for radiant smooth skin, the SkinCeuticals Serum 10 is also a great place to start.
- For normal to oily skin, the SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF helps reduce and prevent brown marks
- For signs of aging, large pores, and skin prone to blemishes the SkinCeuticals oil-free Blemish and Age Serum helps reduce acne and clogged pores and improves blemishes. The combination of salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and citric acid promotes increased cell renewal living the skin smooth.
- For Fine Line and Wrinkles Serum, the Dermaceutic retinol serum 0,5 reduces visible signs of aging while improving skin tone, texture, and increasing skin radiance.
- For Sensitive Skin Serum, the SkinCeuticals Phyto Corrective serum is packed with botanicals that soothe, calms, and eases redness while delivering skin-replenishing benefits, it is suitable for those with rosacea and eczema.
- For Dry Skin Serum the Lamelle corrective HA Serum or the SkinCeuticals HA intensifier boosts the skin’s hyaluronic acid levels and is suitable for dry skin showing signs of aging, it provides lasting hydration, smooth, plumped skin, and youthful radiance.
Depending on your skin type and concerns, a serum can be used either once or twice per day. As a rough guide I recommend using antioxidants in the morning and then the other targeted serums in the evening.During the day, you would apply before your daytime moisturizer and sunscreen, at night, it can either be used on its own or applied right before your moisturizer.