WHAT IS MASKING?
Masking is basically applying face masks that resonate with your skin type and are intended to help you with a specific skin concern. Multi-masking involves using more than one type of face mask on your skin at the same time.
The true beauty of multi-masking is that it lets you customize a mix of face masks that work best for you. It also lets you switch up your routine if your skin changes slightly because of seasonal or environmental changes.
BENEFITS OF MULTI-MASKING
Face masks, when choosen correctly , can be a beneficial indulgence in your skincare routine, letting you treat yourself to a spa-like experience at home, If you , like most people have a combination skin type or multiple skin concerns you can reap the benefits of using different types of masks—that’s where multi-masking comes in.
HOW TO MUTLI-MASK FOR YOUR SKIN TYPE AND CONCERNS
MULTI-MASKING FOR COMBINATION SKIN:
Select a hydrating mask like the Serra lipid recovery mask or the Skinceuticals Phyto Correctives Masque and apply it to the dry areas of your face, usually the cheeks. Then apply an oil-absorbing mask like the Dermaceutics mask 15 or the Exuviance Charcoal Mud onto your oily T- Zone which is usually wiped off after 10-15 minutes. You can let the hydrating mask soak into your skin overnight for an even richer moisturizing experience.
MULTI-MASKING FOR DULLNESS, AND FINE WRINKLES:
For this type of skin concern I would recommend an exfoliating mask like the Obagi microdermabrasion polish or the Exuviance triple microdermabrasion polish and then followed by a hydrating sheet mask like the Lamelle growth factor mask .
TYPES OF MASKS
CHARCOAL AND CLAY MASKS
Both charcoal and clay have unique absorbent properties, and their gentle drawing action can help dislodge debris from congested pores. A well-formulated clay mask will leave your skin shine-free, but not dried out and can be extremely beneficial for excessively oily, clog-prone skin or a shiny T-zone (nose, forehead, and chin).
HYDRATING FACE MASKS
The goal of a “sleep mask” is to lock in hydration and add anti-aging benefits (depending on the formula). Keeping the beneficial ingredients on skin longer than a traditional, rinse-off mask means they have more time to work, making them more effective.
If you have dry skin or oily, combination skin that’s dehydrated, a hydrating face mask can help skin hold onto moisture longer. Depending on how dry your skin is, when using an overnight mask, you may find that you don’t need to use your regular night-time moisturizer, but those with very dry skin may still want to double up on both
These are intended to improve the appearance of uneven skin tone and bring radiance to a dull complexion. The best of them include concentrated combinations of effective brightening ingredients, such as arbutin, alpha hydroxyl acids, vitamin C, tranexamic acid, and niacinamide.
Brightening masks are excellent for anyone who wants to improve the appearance of uneven skin tone and get a glowing complexion.
WHEN AND HOW TO USE FACE MASKS
- Always cleanse your skin first.
- If the face mask is supposed to be rinsed off, apply it after cleansing, but before the rest of your skincare routine.
- If the face mask is supposed to be left on overnight, apply it as the last step in your nighttime skincare routine.
- Most leave-on masks are hydrating, so you might be able to skip applying your regular nighttime moisturizer—but if your skin is very dry, you might need to apply your face moisturizer as well.
- So go ahead take advantage of your self-care Sundays, pick your favorite masks, treat your face, and put your feet up.
SHOP DR CEBI’S RECOMMENDATIONS
- Acne, large pores – Dermaceutic Mask 15
- Rejuvenation/Antiaging /Uneven Skin Tone – Obagi Microdermabrasion Polish and Exuviance Triple Microdermabrasion Face Polish, Exuviance Rejuvenation Treatment Masque
- Dry Skin – Serra Recovery Mask and Skinceuticals Phyto Correctives Masque
- Sheet Mask – Lamelle GF Mask