Many people have heard of mesotherapy, a treatment that involves injecting active ingredients into the deeper layers of your skin. However, if needles make you nervous, it’s not going to be for you. Still, you might be interested in transdermal mesotherapy, the needle-free alternative.
Transdermal mesotherapy is also able to deliver active ingredients deep into your skin through an electroporation device. The machine uses electrical pulses and specific vibrations to gently deliver helpful skincare ingredients into the deeper layers of your skin via its water channels.
Transdermal mesotherapy can be utilized in many areas. On the face we recommend them predominantly for:
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Skin dehydration
- Aging and Laxity
It can also be used for delivering lipolytic solutions to dissolve double chins.
Advantages of Transdermal Mesotherapy
- It doesn’t hurt at all and most of our patients would describe it as feeling like a relaxing facial massage that produces a slight tingling sensation.
- No downtime. You don’t have to worry about bruising or redness as you would with traditional mesotherapy.
- The cocktail delivered can be tailormade to suit your skin needs e. Hydration, Pigmentation
- Suitable for all skin types, colour and can be used for patients as young as teens.
- Transdermal mesotherapy can be combined with lots of other treatments eg. chemical peels, neurotoxins, Carboxyl Therapy. Combination therapy allows us to serve up fantastic results that are far superior to whatever you’d get from one treatment alone.
What To Expect
- There is no downtime or pain associated with Transdermal Mesotherapy.
- No numbing is required
- For facial rejuvenation, the results of the treatment are usually evident immediately post treatment as hyaluronic acid present in the rejuvenating solution attracts water into the skin/dermis for instant hydration.
- Epidermal changes are usually seen at about 10 days post treatment.
- The final results of each treatment are evident 2 to 3 months down the line when collagen production is completed.
- For best results 4 to 8 treatments are needed 2 weeks apart.